Best Shower head Filter for hard Water : Are you getting increasingly tired of the fact that both your hair and skin look horrible each time you step out of the shower? One of the reasons that your skin often feels dry, and itchy may have more to do with the fact that you are taking your bath regularly in water that is not filtered and one, that in all likelihood contains various contaminants. It is a safe bet that the water in question already contains Chlorine, though the exact composition is still up for a toss, and that’s just chlorine and then there are the other contaminants that you may want to think about. The fact is that most of the municipalities around the world are often forced to treat their water, before they pipe it to their customers. The water treatment process is at best, a cursory one and does not really check the water in depth, for other contaminants. So the chances of you taking your bath regularly, under water exposed to heavy metals, or one that may even contain lead can be quite high.
If your skin feels like a colony of red fire ants have started burrowing under your scalp each time you step out of the shower, then the issue is not a residual health problem but a water condition and one that can be rectified easily. All you would have to do is to install an effective water filter, one that will help remove all the contaminants from the water, so your scalp and the rest of your body will be exposed to 100% contaminant free water. After all, your skin is the largest organ in your body and you would certainly want to look good, so wouldn’t you want to go the extra mile for doing so?
That is why we have vetted some of the top ranking shower filters and have listed the same below for your convenience. Do check them out,
Best Shower Head Filters for Hard Water Reviews 2021
If you are looking for top of the line, inline filter, then you would definitely need to take a closer look at this one. What makes this filter special is that it uses a 12 step filtration process which effectively removes all the contaminants including chlorine and heavy metals out of the water. And as a result, your health should get definite boost. For example, this filter passes the water through 12 different sieves, from steel, cotton, KDF55, along with calcium sulfide which should effectively remove chlorine and other heavy metals from the water. It also comes with several other sieves as well but what makes this filter stand out is the fact that it comes with ceramic balls, during stage 8 and tourmaline during stage 9 which should be quite effective in trapping various heavy metals while boosting Vitamin C in the water along with other essential minerals and nutrients. This should provide your health with a much needed boost and make you feel more refreshed as a result. It also comes with both magnetic and infrared balls, which should help increase both negative ions and oxygen in the water which should help boost your skin, hair and nails as well. This is one filter that comes with all the functionality that you need, and more.
[rehub_affbtn btn_text=”Check latest Price on Amazon” btn_url=”https://amzn.to/2FAedyF”]
Check out some of the pros and cons of this shower head filter,
- It comes with an elegant design and is easy to install
- It should last 6-8 months and can process 10000-12000 gallons of water
- 30 day money back guarantee
- It also comes with one year limited warranty
- It uses 12 step filtration process
- It does not come with a shower head
It is a well known fact that most of the skin conditions, including eczema are aggravated by Chlorine contained in the water. And moreover, the same chlorine strips away the essential oil and nutrients from your skin, thereby causing you to develop dry and itchy condition. This is why you may want to opt for a shower filter, which has proven it to be one of the most effective against chlorine and other contaminants as well. It may seem a bit bulky compared to a few other filters in the market but that is mainly on account of its double filtration process. This filter uses thick layers of coconut shell carbon as well as KDF copper/zinc media to filter Chlorine as well as other contaminants out of the water effectively. As a matter of fact, taking bath in this filter should ensure that your complexion improves for the better and that’s the least you can expect. What makes this filter stand out is that it has already been rated by NSF to between 42 and 61, which means that it is quite an effective filter and comes loaded with all the functionality that you need.
[rehub_affbtn btn_text=”Check latest Price on Amazon” btn_url=”https://amzn.to/2JIZS87″]
Take a closer look at its pros and cons,
- It uses double layer filtration and is one of the top ranked filters when it comes to eliminating Chlorine
- It is also quite effective in removing lead, arsenic and other various heavy metals from the water
- Despite its bulky appearance, it is easy to install and can be installed in 10 minutes
- It can process about10000 gallons of water or roughly, last for six months after which you can contact the company for replacement filter cartridges.
- It also comes with one year limited warranty
- It is an old model
- It certainly feels like plastic and may also leak slightly
This filter is a multi stage filter that has been designed for maximum efficacy; it is compact, amd certainly comes with a chrome finish which should make it fit, right in. This is one of the most effective inline shower filters in the market, and comes with a three stage filtration process that effectively removes Chlorine, Nickel, Cadmium and other heavy metals out of the water along with algae and other contaminants. Taking bath in unfiltered water will lead you to developing dry and itchy skin along with developing some serious health conditions. But thanks to the KDF-55, active carbon, calcium sulfite, most of the heavy materials including mercury and lead are effectively trapped and your health, as well as your looks should improve for the better. What’s interesting is that this is one of the few shower filters in the market that can easily convert your hard water to soft water instantaneously. It is that good, so you would definitely want to check out the same, at the earliest. Incidentally, this shower filter is compatible with all types of showers out there including rainfall showers.
[rehub_affbtn btn_text=”Check latest Price on Amazon” btn_url=”https://amzn.to/2UXcEB7″]
Check out its various pros and cons,
- It works like a charm on hard water and converts it right away into soft water
- It can process 10000 – 12000 gallons of water and should last you six to eight months
- It comes with easy installation
- It comes with 30 day money back guarantee
- It also comes with one year limited warranty
- This filter does not come included with shower heads; you would either need to have one in place or get a new, fresh one installed
What makes this inline shower filter stand out is the fact that it is one of the few Vitamin C inline shower filters in the market, and what’s more, as recent studies have highlighted, vitamin C is indeed quite effective as a dechloramination method. And this water filter has incorporated the same into its filtration methodology to the point that it is one of the most effective water filters when it comes to the question of removing various contaminants including heavy metals from water. In fact, this water filter claims to remove nearly 99.99% of both Chlorine and Chloramine from the water, thereby rendering it as one of the most effective water filters. It is nicely designed, and is completely made of both brass as well as resin and comes with a chrome finish as well. The product comes with 3 vitamin C filters, and you can also use the accompanying wrench to change the filter cartridges in the filter. Each filter cartridge should be able to process nearly 1400 gallons and these three cartridges should last you for 4 months, at the least. It comes with easy installation and once you have installed this shower filter, you can look forward to some smooth supple skin sans any dry, itching sensation.
[rehub_affbtn btn_text=”Check latest Price on Amazon” btn_url=”https://amzn.to/2YusCor”]
Check out the various pros and cons of this product,
- It comes with a transparent filter cartridge which should enable you to check the cartridges quite easily.
- Removes both chlorine and chloramines
- Compatible with most shower heads
- It also comes with 4 month money back guarantee
- It is pricey and expensive
- It lasts for 4 months only
It makes sense to go in for a filtered shower head rather than just a shower filter that you need to attach to the shower head that you are using at the moment. But when it comes to filtered showerheads, Culligan stands out for all the right reasons starting with the fact that it is certified for ANSI Standard 177. As a water filter, it is one of the most effective ones in the market and removes Chlorine, Chloramine, mercury, lead and other heavy metals and contaminants from the water effortlessly. The shower head comes with five different spray settings and can be installed and easily maintained without any hassle. This particular showerhead is quite effective in cleaning the water to the point that it also removes odors and even improves the taste of the water, in the process. It can currently process around 10000 gallons of water or should last you for six months or so. What makes this filter interesting is the fact that it comes with a lowered price tag, despite the advanced functionality that it comes with. This product is really remarkable and certainly looks great as well.
[rehub_affbtn btn_text=”Check latest Price on Amazon” btn_url=”https://amzn.to/2WnCDSA”]
Check out the various pros and cons of this filtered shower head,
- It comes with 5 spray settings
- This product includes showerhead, with filter in the housing which effectively cleans various contaminants out of the water as it passes through the shower head
- It can process 10000 gallons and should last you for a period of six months
- It is easy to install and comes with two year limited warranty
- This is an old model
If you are looking for a budget filtered shower head, then this is the one that you may want to take a closer look at. For starters, it comes with a neat design, but do note, it is not constructed of metal but plastic and as a result, quite light to handle. Its light weight and easy to install and despite the fact that it comes with a budget price tag, it comes with all the functionality that you were looking for in a shower filter. This is the sort of filtered showerhead, which you may want to get to get a better idea of what a difference a filtered shower head can make to your hair and skin. This filter showerhead has a high pressure setting and is able to generate 2.5 gallons per minute which is quite good. That being said, this filtered shower head uses only calcium sulfite as its core filtration method, and is effective mostly in removing all traces of chlorine from your water. So if you are looking for a shower head that comes with basic functionality of a good shower, along with the requisite shower filter which removes chlorine from the water, then you this is the one that you may want to get. At the least, it should do wonders to your skin as well as your hair.
[rehub_affbtn btn_text=”Check latest Price on Amazon” btn_url=”https://amzn.to/2HWmYFJ”]
check out its pros and cons,
- It is cheap
- It is lightweight
- It generates high water pressure
- It comes with a cartridge which should last you six to eight months
- And it comes with one year guarantee as well
- It comes only with 2 spray settings
- It is effective only against Chlorine
#7. AQUAHOMEGROUP VITAMIN C SHOWER WATER FILTER
You must have heard of the effectiveness of vitamin C in removing Chlorine from the water along with other heavy metals and various other contaminants. But usually, most of the vitamin C shower filters tend to be a bit on the pricey side; well, that is, until this water filter. This water filter is a vitamin C water filter and one that comes with an affordable price tag. But what makes the filter stand out is also the fact that it also comes with a shower head that can be easily mounted and installed, and one that comes with laser cut holes which allows for optimal water pressure. It also swivels from side to side as well, and comes with the required vitamin C water filter which should effectively remove Chlorine, lead, mercury and other heavy metals from your water supply. You do not require any tools for the installation and you can install it easily, following the directions listed. What makes this product stand out is that it is fast turning out to be one of the popular ones and is also one of the most economical of the lot, and that’s saying a lot. It comes with 2 extra filter cartridges as well as 5 bonus shower caps that you can use. Now check out some of the pros and cons of this product,
- It comes with a shower head that can be easily adjusted and one that swivels from side to side
- It is easy to install and does not require any tools
- It is designed to come with optimal water pressure
- It uses vitamin C to filter out Chlorine as well as other contaminants out of the water
- And it is inexpensive
- The shower head itself needs a better design
- It may also leak and that is a problem
Why you need a shower water filter?
There are quite a few reasons as to why you should go for a shower water filter at the earliest, namely the fact that it removes quite a few contaminants from the water, like Chlorine for starters. Yes, Chlorine is a necessary pesticide that most local governments use, especially when it comes to storing vast amounts of water for certain periods. And then, the water is piped to your residences, so without the filter, you would essentially be exfoliating your skin and removing all the dead skin cells from your body, while relaxing under water tinted with pesticides. Now, that certainly makes you think, doesn’t it? Anyway, here are some of the key benefits that you can expect from a best shower water filter; review the lot and you’ll soon see that a shower water filter can indeed have a long term beneficial effect on your health.
- Your showerheads contain colonies of bacteria: The next time you step in to your bathroom, you may want to unscrew the showerhead and give it a good cleaning. The problem is that most home owners do not give a second thought to the shower head and as a result, vast amounts of bacteria including deadly variants often grow unchecked in your shower head. A good shower filter would soon effectively remove the problem altogether; it would still be a good idea to clean and maintain your showerhead, but you need not be worried about unchecked bacterial growth on the same. To put it in perspective, a recent study highlighted the fact that some carcinogenic bacteria were also found in unfiltered showerheads.
- Your skin would look better: By installing a good shower filter in place, you would be removing chlorine along with other contaminants out of the water. One of the reasons that Chlorinated water is bad for your hair and skin is that it bonds closely with your skin and strips away essential moisture and oils. This often results in dry, itchy skin which can also lead to your skin becoming more susceptible to facial allergies, and other conditions which can mar your appearance.
- Dry frizzy hair: If you tend to suffer from dry, frizzy hair, then it could well be that your shower is the answer to your problem. All you need to do is to install an effective shower filter, and soon, your hair should be able to retain its natural moisture and your scalp should not become too try or itchy.
- Chlorine absorption: As pointed out earlier on, one of the reasons that Chlorine continues to be used to treat water is to kill various microorganisms in it and to enable you to store water for longer periods of time. Unfortunately, some of the side effects of dermal absorption of chlorine are becoming better known, only now. Recent studies have highlighted the fact that some of the chlorine by products such as trihalomethanes (THMs) is actually carcinogenic in nature. And each time you take bath in unfiltered water, your skin absorbs some of these chemicals directly into your body. Worse, you may even end up inhaling more chlorinated water, and this would eventually lead to developing several health issues. And that is why it makes sense to opt for a shower filter system at the earliest.
- It can boost your energy levels: Being exposed to chlorine can actually sap the energy from your body. However, you may find that a good shower filter system can actually help boost your overall health and may even make you feel all the more active, than otherwise.
- Pregnancy: given the fact that treated water, supplied directly from your municipality comes loaded with Chlorine and other contaminants, you would naturally want to install an effective shower filter at the earliest. You can now ensure that your whole family has access to clean, chlorine free water that they can take their bath in. Various studies have already shown the effect of Chlorine on pregnant women during various trimester stages. Naturally, with a good shower filter in place, you should be able to provide your mate, with both protection and peace of mind.
- Asthma and allergies: If you are an asthma patient or tend to suffer from frequent bouts of allergy attacks, then you would definitely need to go in for a good shower filter at the earliest. It is a fact that Chlorine can inflame your nasal passages, and this can bring about an asthmatic attack or make you more susceptible to developing allergy attacks. By opting for a good shower filter, you can ensure that your health does not go for a toss and even avoid unnecessary medical expenses as a result.
These are some of the reasons as to why you should opt to purchase a good shower filter at the earliest. But choosing one from the lot could be a tad problematic, which is why you may want to read the next section, more carefully.
Best Shower Water Filter 2021 : Buying Guide
Yes, there are more than a few products in the market and making the right choice is not going to be easy. But there are a few things that you need to keep in mind which can help you evaluate the various shower filters effectively.
Various filters use different methods of filtering the contaminants out of the water. And instead of depending on the sales pitch, you would want to take a closer look at the filter and find out more about how it works, and whether it is effective in removing all the contaminants from the water.
This is something that you may want to consider when purchasing your shower filter. Shower filters come with filter cartridges that last only for a while, and under normal conditions, they should last anywhere from 4 to 6 months, after which you will have to get fresh filter cartridges for your filter.
Replacement filter cartridges:
Before you purchase any particular brand for your shower, you may want to first find out if it is easy to obtain replacement filter cartridges after you finish with the current ones. In the case of a few filters, you may have to purchase a brand new set altogether which is why it makes sense to first find out if the product comes with replacement filter cartridges or if you can obtain the same easily, later on.
Check the online reviews:
Before you purchase any filter, you may want to first find out what other customers had to say about this product and whether the reviews are good. This should clue you in as to the effectiveness of the filter and whether it is any good.
You may want to determine if the filter comes with any advanced functionality. Bottom line, does it really remove most of the contaminants out of the water? That’s something that you may want to find out more about.
It is but natural for all the various filters to be pegged at different rates; there are a few new entrants which offer you all the advanced functionality that you need and at lower cost. So you may want to check out the top filters that we have reviewed below, and choose the one that looks to be a good fit.
These are some of the best shower head filters for hard water in 2021; some come with shower heads included and each one is different from the other. All these shower water filters are basically designed to be inline water filters, and all that is required is for you to install the same. Each water filter uses one form of water filtration method or the other so check them out. And depending on your current needs, you may want to opt for the appropriate shower filter.
For example, if you happen to suffer from some serious eczema, then you would want to opt for a shower filter that helps to remove nearly all chlorine from the water as it is known to aggravate the condition by removing most of the essential oils and nutrients from your skin. Or if your water is too hard, then you may want to opt for a best shower filter which can soften the same. As mentioned earlier, it depends on your current needs; so choose the perfect shower head filter and one that comes with a reasonable price tag.