Best Jointer Planer 2022 : simple planer in your workshop is never enough to manage all kinds of work. You would need multiple types of planers to do different kinds of jobs. If you have a workshop or if you are planning to set up a wood workshop, then we would recommend you to invest in a good quality jointer planer as well. This is much-needed equipment, no matter what projects you do. Moreover, one recommendation that we have before moving forward is that the jointer planer may be an expensive tool. In such a case, you can invest your money in a combo planer, which not only does the function of a jointer planer but it can take up other functions as well. This will not only save your money but it will also save a lot of space in your workshop.
To help you with the purchase, we have picked up some of the best jointer planer available in the market. We have not just listed a simple jointer planer but we have also listed some of the combos in our list. Our experts compiled this list after a lot of research, so you can totally rely on the reviews and listing that we have for you. There are pros and cons listed for each of the planers that would allow you to understand the jointer planer in depth. So, without waiting any further, let us move on to the next section, where we are going to talk about the best jointer planers of 2022. Check out the list and get an upgrade for your workshop to deliver efficiently and perfectly.
Best Jointer Planer 2022 Reviews
In this section, we are going to talk about 7 best jointer planers that you will find in the market. We have also listed the link to each of these products that you can find more information about the model that grabs your interest. We have also shared the information about the warranty policy of the planer wherever it is available. So go ahead and check out the list. Do read the whole review that our experts have listed for you. This will help you in making a well-informed decision about the purchase. These are the top 7 best jointer planers in the market in 2022 –
At number 1, we have a jointer planer from Jet, and this is combo design, which can take up multiple tasks for you. There are 3 stainless steel blades on the cutter head of this machine, which not only delivers properly but they also last very long. In addition to this, the machine is very accurate. It is easy to change the functionality of the machine, and it is also very easy to adjust the settings of the machine. It has a very powerful machine that can deal with the hardest wood without any stress on the machine itself. The manufacturer has taken care of accuracy, capacity and the durability of the machine. Apart from this, the dust collection node is also available in the machine, which has a total diameter of 4 inches. This works effectively in the joining and the planning mode. Overall, it is the best available machine and it is also an affordable option that you can consider for your workshop.
- Comes loaded with 3 stainless steel blades, which can work as jointer as well as a planer.
- Has a very powerful 3 HP motor that can handle tough tasks
- Easy to make adjustments while you are using the machine.
- The brand offers a 5 year long warranty on this planer
- It has a 43 x 6 inches fence that can give cuts of up to 45 degree
- Nothing that we could notice.
Grizzly is one of the premium names in the industry, and if you are looking nothing but the best, then have a look at this jointer planer in our list. Before you move ahead, let us tell you that this is priced at a premium. In addition to this, the spiral cutter head of the jointer planer is designed to offer precision to the user. In terms of the planning capacity of the machine, you can use a piece of up to 12 inches. Apart from all these details, the machine is also having a dust collection node and a chip deflector, which collects all the waste in one place. The center mount fence is adjustable to offer the right amount of flexibility to you. This machine has one of the most powerful motors in the list as the motor is capable of delivering 5 HP at the peak. Lastly, the power is transferred via the Twin V belt, which also reduces the noise.
- This jointer planer has a cutting head of 12 inches, which delivers quickly for you.
- The table size and the fence size is good enough that allows you to take large projects.
- The cutting head is spiral one, which is the best in the industry.
- It also comes with a magnetic switch that has thermal overload protection.
- The motor has a power of 5 HP.
- Quite an expensive jointer planer.
If you are not willing to spend much and if you have a really low budget, then we have a product for you. This planer jointer combo is available at quite an affordable price and it is also very sturdy. There is extensive use of Aluminum in this machine, which not just adds to the strength but it also ensures that the machine is lightweight. Apart from this, the machine has a good quality motor which can take up small and medium tasks. The main concentration was on to reduce the vibrations which are done with the help of a J belt. The cutter head has 3 knives, which can retain sharpness for a very long time. There is also a dust port to attach the vacuum and remove the chips as well as dust. With a good outfeed and infeed length, the machine proves to be stable equipment for high precision jobs.
- The table is made of rubber cast aluminum which makes it sturdy while keeping the weight low.
- It has a 1.5 HP Induction motor with a J belt power transfer.
- It comes with a 5 year-long warranty.
- It has a spinning speed of 4800 rpm and it also has a good spec of 14,400 cuts per minute.
- It is power efficient since the motor consumes less amount of power.
- Feels underpowered while taking up big tasks
The next brand that we are going to talk about is Powermatic. It is an amazing jointer planer available in the market and before you move ahead, let us tell you that this is available with two options. The first option is without the mobile base and the second one is with a mobile base. The helical cutter performs better than the expectations and it always gives you the right joint. What improves the accuracy further is the fact that the machine has an extended infeed and the outfeed. The switch is mounted at a reasonable height, and the dust collection mechanism is also reliable. You can adjust the cut depth with adjustment lever and you can also store magnetic push blocks with the machine. The warranty policy and the customer service of Powermatic is unmatchable. With a 5 year-long warranty, you can be assured with quality, durability and returns on investments. We would really recommend this jointer planer to each one of you.
- Available with a helical cutter head, which is also very quiet.
- Has an extra-long table to provide support to the workpiece.
- It also has a good dust collection mechanism.
- It comes with a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer.
- For the tilting purpose, the machine has a hand wheel operated system that provides you with the right amount of accuracy
- Nothing as such
Until now all the machines that we have look at are priced over $1000 but a lot of us might not be willing to spend this much money. This is especially true for the people who have home workshops or the people who use the machine for hobbies. Well, in this case, we have a planer for you that is priced at less than $400. Have a look at this jointer planer from Delta, which does the work efficiently. Most of the parts are made of cast iron which adds stability to the machine and it also reduces the vibrations. There is also a fence adjustment system that helps you in getting the right angle while using the jointer. It is a perfect product for the people who are looking for a jointer planer for the home workshop or for the small projects that don’t require a lot of power.
- This is a mini jointer planer which does the precision job for small projects.
- It has a width of 6 inches and the cut depth of 1/8th of an inch.
- The fence support system is made of cast iron, which provides an accurate joining mechanism.
- The brand offers 5 year warranty on this mini jointer.
- This is one of the most affordable jointers in the list.
- Some people didn’t like the quality of the machine.
This is the second option available from Rikon and this is a higher spec version of the jointer planer that we have listed above. This one is a lot more durable and a lot more powerful. The 3 HP motor is capable of delivering an output if 3400 ROM. The 4row helical cutter head is durable and it also produces a very smooth finish. This is having cut heads that are durable and you would not need to change them for a long period of time. Apart from this, a good feed rate assures you of quick task completion. This jointer planer supports a feed rate of 23 feet per minute at full capacity. You do not have to worry about spares or about the warranty as the brand provides 5 year-long warranty on this jointer planer which protects you from any defect.
- It features a 4-row helical cutter head for the perfect joints.
- It has a very good feed rate of 23 feet per minute.
- The brand provides a 5 year warranty on this jointer planer.
- The motor is powerful as it has a peak output of 3 HP. It can run for long hours without any overheating issues.
- It has a sturdy base that provides stability to you while working.
- Some people raised issues with the fence.
Our list started with a jointer planer from Jet, and we are also ending the list with a product from Jet. This is the second most affordable product on our list as it is the price at less than $500. The machine comes with a 2 in 1 design, which means that you will be able to use it as a jointer and as well planer. The motor is capable of producing 18,000 cuts per minute, and in addition to this, the feed speed at the peak is 19.5 feet per minute. The extended outfeed table is designed with steel, which provides stability and versatility. You can also use the knobs to make adjustments to the cuts and depth. These knobs are oversized to provide accuracy to you. The table is also very stable that enables you to work with the jointer with the utmost care. Lastly, the 3 year long warranty is considered to be a good policy that is offered by the brand.
- It is a two in one machine that can work as a jointer and a planer.
- The planer is quite an affordable option and it is priced under $500.
- Easy to transport and it also comes with large fences designed with aluminum.
- The motor capacity is 13 A, which is a good option to consider.
- The planer comes with 3 year limited warranty.
- It has only 2 blades which reduce the speed slightly
Buying Guide for Best Jointer Planer Combo 2022
Are you purchasing the planer for the first time? Are you not sure of the points that you need to consider while making the purchase? Well, our team is here to help you with purchasing the right jointer planer. Before we move ahead, understand the fact that each of us has a different need in the workshop, and hence what is good for Mr. Smith might not be good enough for you. This makes it really important to go through this buying guide. Check out the details for more information.
- Type of Planer–We are not going to get into these details. You already know that you need a jointer planer for you. This machine will basically prepare the wood for joining and most of the people would use the jointer planer on the boards of the wood. With this, you will be able to get the perfect joint every time you need one.
- Jointer and Planer– As suggested earlier, you should not just invest in a jointer planer, but you must invest in a combo. This would help you in getting the combined facility of a jointer as well as a planer. This will add a lot of versatility for you, which in turn will help you in getting multiple jobs done. As mentioned earlier, these wills save space as well as money while you are purchasing the planer.
- Motor Capacity– The single most important thing in the planer is the motor that is driving the blade head. Most of the planers would come with a 3 HP motor, but you must still check the horsepower of the motor. The weaker motors might not give you the smooth finish that you need. The overpowered ones will simply destroy the wood. So, ensure that you have the right balance while you need it.
- Weight of Planer– This factor would actually depend on you. There are people who might just skip this factor because of the fact that they do not intend to move the planer a lot. However, if you think that you will be moving around your jointer planer, then ensure that you get something with a lower weight.
- Specs of Blade– Look at the specs of the blade while you are shortlisting the planer. Check out if the blades are made of carbon steel or not? Check out how easy it is to replace the blade. You can also consider the number of blades in the planer as this would determine the performance of the planer for you.
- Stand Type– There are two types of stands available with the jointer planer. You will come across the open stand and the close stand. Now, this really depends on your personal choice, but we feel that the closed stands are a lot better than the open ones. They are a lot more stable and the strongest available option for you. If you are looking for something inexpensive, then you can consider the open stands.
- Size of Bed and Cutting Depth– The size of the bed would determine how easy it is to use the planer with the large pieces of wood. Check out the same while investing in the planer and also check out other specifications like the cutting depth. You need to check cuts per inches, cuts per minute and other such details about the planer before you purchase one for your workshop.
- Dust Collection– This is more like a standard thing across the planers that you intend to purchase. We would recommend you to avoid the ones which don’t have a dust collection mechanism. Only invest your money in the ones which have a good dust collection mechanism or the ones that can be connected to a vacuum.
- Brandand Warranty– Look at the brand that you are investing in and ensure that you get a reliable brand. Choosing cheaper products may be troublesome for you as the machine can face frequent breakdowns. You can also look at the warranty policy of the jointer planer. Some of the brands would also offer a service contract free of cost, which makes a lot of difference for you.
- Cost– This is the last thing that you need to consider. Have an approximate budget that you are willing to allocate to the jointer planer and choose accordingly. Consider other factors as well and do lookout for the best available deal in the market.
This was all about the jointer planers combo. You would have noticed that we have covered a lot of jointer combo planers as well, and the main idea behind adding those is to help you in saving money as well as the space in your workshop. It is worth considering those as well. Apart from this, if you would like to know more about any of the best jointer planers combo in the list, then you can click on the link associated with the planer. This will help you in getting details of the specifications and other such things. We have ensured due diligence while compiling the list and we assure you that if you purchase the planers from the list, you will not be disappointed.
You can also go through the buying guide and consider the points that are important for you. This is especially applicable for first time purchasers as most of us are clueless of what to look in a planer when we are making the purchase for the first time. With this, we would conclude the space and do share this review with your friends who are looking to invest in a similar planer. Stay tuned for more such reviews.