Best Faucet Water Filters 2021 : Getting tired of drinking water that smells? If you have the habit of drinking water straight from your faucet, then chances are that you may not like the fact that your water smells funny and tastes a little iffy as well. Of course, it is always better to drink water from a water purifier but a better option would be to have a faucet filtration unit in place, one that can readily filter and purify the water for you.
It is essential that you have access to clean drinking water and with the right faucet filters in place, you should be able to get all the clean drinking water you need. What makes faucet filters indispensable is the fact that they are able to filter out various contaminants including leached chemicals, dirt, microorganisms, and other materials from water. The fact is that everyone needs access to clean, drinking water and it makes sense to go in for a faucet filtration system, since they do not consume any power. In fact, you would be required to change the filter cartridge, periodically and other than that, you would not have to carry out any maintenance work, of any sort. All you need to do is to get the same installed and attached to your faucet; incidentally, these faucet filters do not take up much room and can filter large amounts of water, quite effortlessly.
Best Faucet Water Filters Reviews 2021
It is inevitable that with so many choices in the market, you may find it hard to select just one faucet water filter, and the process could be a little overwhelming. And that’s why, we have collated a list of some of the top ranked faucet water filters; all of these have been vetted and reviewed Do check them out,
If you are looking for one of the best when it comes to faucet water filters, then this is the one that you need to take a closer look at. It certainly comes with a stylish, sleek and compact design and certainly stands out on account of aesthetics. Apart from this, it also happens to come with comprehensive filter cartridges that effectively filter out the various contaminants, chemicals, soluble minerals out of the water, leaving you with water that’s 100% safe to drink and totally free of all contaminants.
This best faucet water filter even enhances the taste of the water as well, so that you can look forward to some great tasting water. These water filter cartridges can effectively clean up to 100 gallons of water, after which the cartridge would have to be changed, for better efficacy. This Britta water filtration system is also one of the most advanced ones in the market and comes with advanced functionality that lets you know about the status of the filter, the cartridges and whether it is time for you to change them or not. On the whole, it is as impressive as it gets, check out some of the main features of this faucet water filter from Britta.
- It comes with spot resistant chrome finish
- It effectively helps to filter out various contaminants from residues, sediments in the water to chemicals, and microorganisms
- You do not require any tools for installation
- It is compatible with most standard sized kitchen faucets
- It should last you anywhere from two to four months, depending on your usage and can effectively clean up to 100 gallons of water.
- The light notification indicating filter change often dies quickly
#2. DuPont WFFM350XCH Faucet Mount : Best Horizontal Mount Water Filter
The Du Pont faucet water filter is elegantly designed and is a horizontal mount water filter so it does not take up much space either. It would certainly make your kitchen stand out for the right reasons; the overall design is perfect and it comes with elegant lines with spot resistant chrome finish. What makes this filter stand out is the fact that it is designed to remove all contaminants from the water, thanks to its advanced cartridges that can purify nearly 200 gallons of water.
This is also one of the few water filters that come with a digital screen that lets you know how much water has been processed, so you would have a good idea as to when you need to change the filter. On the whole it is an impressive faucet water filter, one that effectively cleans up chlorine, cysts, various chemicals, sediments, etc from the water with ease. Incidentally, this is also one of the few water filters that allow you to change between filtered and regular water with the twist of a knob, so you can increase the life span of the filter cartridge. Check out some of the pros and cons of this product,
- It comes with advanced filter cartridges that effectively help to clean the water of all contaminants
- It also comes with built in antimicrobial protection for the filter cartridge housing
- It comes with a display screen that lets you know how much water has been purified
- This filter is compatible with most regular sized kitchen faucets
- It also comes with an extra metal faucet adapter
- It also comes with 4 year warranty as well.
- The manual is a little confusing
- The filter may leak a little initially but it also comes with a handy Teflon tape
#3. Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter : Our Top Pick
If you are on the lookout for an advanced water filter, one that is fast and effective enough and yet, comes with a budget friendly price tag, then this is the one that you should pay close attention to. It certainly comes loaded with all the advanced functionality you need in a faucet water filter and more. For starters it comes with FM-25 advanced water filtration that helps to remove chlorine, atrazine, lead, particulates, sediments and various other chemicals and contaminants from the water. It comes with FM-25 R filters and the product also includes two FM-15 RA filter cartridges which should help to effectively clean up nearly 200 gallons of water. It also comes with a control switch which allows you to switch between filtered water and regular water with ease. It is small, compact, and highly functional and comes with a reasonable price tag. It should certainly meet all your current demands as far as 100% clean and safe drinking water is concerned. Take a closer look at some of the pros and cons of this faucet water filter,
- It comes with extra filter cartridges which should help you filter nearly 200 gallons of water
- It comes with some of the most advanced carbon filtration systems among several water purifiers
- It comes with adaptors which should help fit the purifier onto any faucets with ease
- It can withstand pressure ranges from 300-100psi and withstand temperatures that range from 40-100 Fahrenheit
- It comes with a reasonable price tag
- Little hard to change the filter cartridges
This best faucet water filter stands out for all the right reasons; it comes with an innovative design and is engineered to remove at least 61 contaminants and minerals from the water. It comes with a sleek black on chrome design which makes it look awesome and then, there’s the functionality that it comes with. It comes with a vertical mount design, one that still allows you enough space to stack the dishes in the sink. This water filter comes with a metal adapter that enables you to fit it onto most faucets with ease. Furthermore, it comes with a mineral core in its filter housing through which the filtered water pass through; this helps to boost the taste of the water apart from removing all the contaminants from it. What makes this filter stand out is its ease of installation which can be handled with a single click and with zero tools. It can easily filter 100 gallons of water after which the purifier will let you know that it is time to change the cartridge.
Just check out the pros and cons of this product,
- It comes with a mineral core and effective filters which help to remove 61 contaminants from the water
- It can be switched with ease between regular and filtered water
- It comes with easy single click installation
- It is compatible with most water faucets except the pull out variety
- It comes with a two year warranty.
- It comes with a plastic housing which can break
THIs is yet another top of the line faucet water filter system from Brita; what makes this particular water filter stand out is that it is quite effective in softening hard water. This water filter comes with a BPA free plastic build, and is elegantly designed in white; it would definitely stand out in your kitchen. It comes with a vertical mount installation and is quite compact, so you should still be able to use your sink to full efficiency. This water filter swivels around, which should provide you with ease of access and can be installed quite easily. And since it comes with a plastic build, you need not worry about corrosion either. It is certainly effective in removing all the various contaminants from the water and should provide you with clean drinking water, all the time. Check out the pros and cons of this product,
- It comes with a BPA free plastic build
- It can easily filter over 100 gallons of water and should last 2-4 months depending on your usage
- It is compatible with most kitchen faucets
- It comes with no tools and single click installation
- It also comes with a replacement filter cartridge
- It comes with a plastic build and one that can break or even develop a leak
When it comes to best faucet water filter mounts, the Kabter faucet mount water filter certainly makes a good impression. It comes with a elegant design along with the requisite spot resistant chrome finish that certainly makes it stand out. But it seems that there is much more to this filter than the looks. For starters, it is quite effective in removing all contaminants, including various leached chemicals, minerals from the water and in the process it also removes the sour taste from the same. It actually helps your water taste better. But what makes this filter different from others is that once you have finished installing it, you would end up getting two water lines that you can alternate between regular and filtered water with ease. It also comes with replacement filter cartridges as well and can easily filter around 200 gallons of water and should last you for 5 months and more. Check out the various pros and cons of this product,
- It can help clean over 200 gallons of water
- It improves the odor and taste of water
- It comes with a chrome finish which is sport and corrosion resistant
- It is compatible with all standard types of faucets
- It is slim, elegant and compact
- It is a little pricey
PUR is fast and steadily gaining a reputation for developing world class water filters and this product is no exception. It is certainly elegantly designed and comes with a beautiful chrome finish that should enable this best faucet water filter to fit right in with the rest of your kitchen. It is elegant, compact and comes loaded with all the functionality you need in a faucet water filter. For starters, it comes with easy, no tools and single click installation. And as it comes with replacement cartridges, you should be able to use the current cartridges for at least three months. The filter and its cartridges can filter around 150 gallons of water. This filter, incidentally also comes with an LED indicator that tells you when it is time to change the water filter. And incidentally, it should also help you boost the taste of your water as well. Check out the various pros and cons of this product,
- It is designed to filter around 150 gallons of water after which you need to replace the filter cartridges in the housing system
- It removes various contaminants and chemicals from the water
- It comes with good construction as well as chrome finish
- It comes with a reasonable price tag
- It comes with a 360 degree swivel which should give you better access to clean drinking water
- It is a tad pricey
- The manual needs some rework as parts of it tend to be confusing
Benefits of having a good quality faucet water filter in place
When it comes to your family, they become your first priority and their well being is what naturally concerns you the most. Given that, it is but natural that you would want to ensure that your family has access to clean, drinking water and while there are several forms of water filtration systems that you can get set up at your home, a faucet filtration system is one of the best. And in case you were wondering about the various benefits of the same, do check out below.
- Removes the chlorine: Most tap water contains chlorine in its raw form, so if you plan on drinking straight from the faucet, which is a big no-no. However, with the help of a food faucet filtration in place, you can remove chlorine from the water and make it safe for human consumption again.
- Elimination of lead: It is a common fact that some of the ground water that you get access to, through the tap, may contain lead. This is not a foregone conclusion but lead contamination is widespread and continues to increase even today. Lead is toxic to humans so drinking water with lead and other chemicals that have leached into the ground water is bound to have a impact on your health. By using an effective faucet water filter, lead and other chemicals will be removed instantly.
- Save money: One of the advantages to using faucet water filters and other form of water purifiers and filters is that you would no longer have to shell out big bucks on purchasing bottled water. Instead you can now opt for a one time investment on a good faucet water filter, and that’s it. You can use the same for years, and access 100% clean, drinking water without having to shell out more money for the same.
- Environmental impact: Ordering tons of bottled water each month worked out to a huge bill that you would have to bear, and then, there’s the environmental cost. More fuel would have been expanded on delivering these bottles over, and then there’s the additional cost that you would have to factor in, when you consider the fact that most of these bottles are thrown out immediately, after use. This is yet another reason that you need to opt for a faucet water filtration system, as it helps you to reduce the carbon footprint and helps you to do your bit for the environment as well.
- Helps to protect from cancer: It is a known fact that Chlorine as well as some of the other chemicals are toxic to humans and are also known to cause cancer. These water filters enable these chemicals to be removed from water, entirely. By using an effective faucet water filter, you end up removing these chemicals from the same and can better protect your family as well.
- Preserves water quality: When it comes to various contaminants, the rate of decay is faster and as a result, the water often goes bad and quickly at that. However, by eliminating all contaminants from the water, thanks to a good and effective filtration system in place, you are able to preserve the quality of the water for longer durations.
- Safeguard your health: With a good water filtration system in place, all the dirt, residue, sediments, chemicals, and the rest would be effectively removed from the water. And in the process, the water from your faucet would be 100% contaminant free and safe to drink. This should help boost the health of your whole family and also keep all medical related expenses down to the bare minimum.
- No more Delhi belly: One of the reasons that most people get Delhi belly or develop various gastrointestinal issues is on account of drinking water contaminated by various microorganisms such as cryptosporidium and giardia. By using a good faucet water filter, you should be able to remove these from your water supply and render it safe for human consumption again. And of course, you would also be removing various other contaminants from water such as chlorine, arsenic etc. You should be able to access 100% safe drinking water, out of your tap with ease without having to wonder ‘whether it is safe to drink the same or not’. As a result, you should be able to enjoy better digestive health.
These are some of the reasons as to why you must go for a best faucet water filter.
Best Faucet Water filter 2021 : Buying Guide
Since you are looking for a good faucet based water filter, there are a few things that you may want to keep in mind when purchasing one.
- Test your water: The first thing that you need to do is to get your current water tested so that you can have an exact idea as regards the various contaminants it contains. It could indicate Chlorine, and along with it, the presence of several heavy metals, such as lead, cadmium, mercury etc.
- Determine what sort of a filter you need: If your test results only indicate Chlorine as the only irksome contaminant, then you need a basic faucet water filter which can effectively remove the same. However, if the test reveals the presence of several contaminants, then you need a good quality water filter, that removes most of the contaminants out of your water.
- Life span: You need a good quality water filter and one that comes with some decent life span. Most faucet water filters should last you for six months or so, and you would only have to change the water cartridge after that. You may also want to find out if it is easy for you to obtain replacement water cartridges or if the water filter comes with some anyway.
- Maintenance: You may also want to find out if your current faucet water filter requires some maintenance on your end. Usually, most products come with detailed manuals that tell you exactly what you need to do, vis-à-vis faucet water filters while some do not. So you may want to choose a product that comes with a detailed manual as well as some form of support.
- Cost: It goes without saying that the optimal product is one that comes with an affordable price tag, and yet, with all the advanced functionality that you are looking for. That is the sort of faucet water filter; you may want to opt for.
These are some of the top ranked faucet water filter systems; while most of the faucets differ from each other, they all retain the same core functionality and that involves removing all the various contaminants from water. Some of these filters can help remove various contaminants, some more so than others. Then there are those water filters that come with advanced functionality, including the ability to target some specific chemicals more than others such as chlorine, and lead.
But at the end of the day, you can depend on these water filters to provide you with 100% safe and clean drinking water. What’s more, a few filters even help to enhance and improve the odor and taste of water. These best faucet water filters in 2021 are no longer just a necessity but quite essential when it comes to the question of safe, drinking water. Check out the various water filters, and choose the one that looks to be a good fit and can meet your current requirements.